|Klaus Rafn Hansen
34 years old
Computer Science Graduate
Application Manager @ MT Højgaard
I’m a 34 year old man, who is currently employed as an Application Manager at MT Højgaard. In my old job at the Danish Business Authority, I mainly worked with the following:
- Facilitate further development and maintenance of business systems by prioritising the system owners’ requests for bug fixes, changes and improvements and planning these into releases in cooperation with the developer.
- Responsibility for requesting and maintaining annual budgets for the maintenance and development of business systems.
- Creating and maintaining bug reports and requests of changes using Jira.
- Documenting current systems using Confluence.
- Making specialised extracts from the Danish Company Register (CVR) custom tailored to the needs of the customer, journalists and the Danish Ministry of Business and Growth using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Assisting in projects that need to use Danish Company Data (CVR-data) to pinpoint what types of data can be used and how they can be delivered to other systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Danish Company Data (CVR-data) and the practical use of these in business situations.
Working with the above, I’ve gathered the following experiences and gained knowledge with:
- Work experience with professional database systems, in particular Oracle.
- Work experience with SOAP and JSON web-services, both with working with the data delivered and troubleshooting with data errors and setup for customers.
- Work experience with correcting data errors in the Danish Company Register (CVR) and working with finding the source of corrupt and erroneous data from both internal and external data providers.
- Knowledge of P2 communication of data between external and internal data providers and ability to search for sources of errors within the created messages.
I graduated as a computer science major from Copenhagen Business Academy in Lyngby in April 2010. During my studies I’ve picked up some of the following qualifications and experiences:
- Work experience with different modern iterative software development processes, such as Unified Process (UP) and SCRUM. I also have an extensive theoretical knowledge of eXtreme Programming (XP).
- Work experience within professional development environments, such as; JDeveloper, NetBeans, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010 and IBM Rational Architect.
- Experience with professional database systems, amongst others; Oracle II, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with deploying software to professional application servers ie. WebLogic, GlassFish and Apache Tomcat.
- Project experience with focus on realistic problems concerning technological insecurities.
- Knowledge of methods to learn new technologies through doing systematic experiments.
- Work experience with modern web technologies, such as; J2EE with Servlets, JSP and EJB.
- Knowledge of issues related to the development of distributed systems, including service oriented architectures (SOA).
- Work experience with C# and .NET through my dissertation.
- Comfortable with working in projects, due to the nature of the education being built up around projects with constantly more challenging complexity, uncertainty and scope.
In my spare time I’ve been working with making personal websites for the past 15 years. During these years I’ve managed to get some experience with:
- HTML, XHTML, DHTML and CSS programming used for creating simpler sites.
- PHP experience, where most of it has been picked up during customization of WordPress and phpBB3 modules.
- Creation of vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator and extensive work with Adobe Photoshop and GIMP to do picture manipulation and touch up.